Toyoda Gosei Opens New Plant in Central China

Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd. Group company Hubei Toyoda Gosei Zheng Ao Rubber and Plastic Sealing Technology Co., Ltd. (TG Zheng Ao) has recently moved to a new and larger plant. In fact, the companies have held opening ceremony to celebrate the transfer.

Toyoda Gosei President Toru Koyama, who witnessed the opening ceremony virtually, said “With the establishment of this new plant we can meet our customers’ needs for production increases in central China. We hope to make a greater contribution to the regional economy through growth of the business as a company rooted in the community.”

Opening ceremony

Core Business Expansion

In December 2018, TG Zheng Ao became a Toyoda Gosei Group affiliate when the Group invested in Hubei Rock, an independent supplier of weatherstrips (automobile door and window sealing products) in Central China. Later, to handle the growing sales of weatherstrips in the same region, the company moved the previous plant to a neighboring industrial park and expanded in June 2021. Hence, the company expects to improve productivity with the transfer to a more efficient production layout.

TG Zheng Ao after move and expansion

TG Zheng Ao and its predecessor Hubei Rock have a history of providing weatherstrips to Dongfeng Motor Corporation, one of China’s top three automakers. In addition, it also provides to other automakers. It has become a core location for business expansion of the Toyoda Gosei Group in the Chinese interior.

Located in Shiyan in China’s Hubei province, TG Zheng Ao has Toyoda Gosei China as its main shareholders with 60 percent while Hubei Zhengao Automotive Accessories took the remaining 40 percent shares.

After the transfer, TG Zheng Ao’s plant area has grown to approximately 34,000 sq.m. Moreover, it has around 302 employees at present. 

  • TAGS: